San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
ABSOLUTE BEGINNER FLAMENCO DANCE
You do not need to be a trained dancer, nor do you have to be young and streamlined - no matter your age or shape, flamenco has something for you! No partner required. For men and women. Bring a pair of sturdy shoes with a low heel if you have some, a pen and paper (or similar)
- Here directly through eventbrite
- interact e-money transfer - just like sending cash, onlin it's done electronically More info INTERACT
- in person: cash or check
Learn the basics of Flamenco Dance in a fun and easy-going way.
Weekly classes. Suitable for men and women of all ages.
What to expect:
- Beginner classes offer a low impact exercise, suitable for all levels of fitness.
- Classes are mentally and physically stimulating.
- Great for coordination, balance and posture.
- Flamenco is a challenging art form which leaves room for continuous learning.
- Flamenco offers an outlet for personal expression. You'll also meet a great group of fellow students with similar interests as yourself, and discover why Halifax has become one of Canada's main flamenco destinations.
See our FAQ for more information on the classes.
About Flamenco Dance
Fluid arms and percussive footwork are hallmarks of Flamenco dance that are paralleled in the beautiful melodies and intricate rhythms of Flamenco music. Originating in the Andalusia region of southern Spain, the fire of Flamenco dance is reflective of its gypsy (Gitano) dancing roots and influences from Arabic traditions. Learn traditional as well as original dances that are steeped in folklore and melding cultures dating back to the 1500’s in then Moorish Spain.
Please check out our website for more information on the school and other classes at FlamencoSchool.ca We offer classes at all levels.
Photo Credit: joeri Coppens
Save This Event
When & Where
Flamenco Dance School Maria Osende
Flamenco Dance School Maria Osende offers classes at all levels in Halifax and Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada. Students of all ages are welcome.The school also offers online support for the classes as well as performance opportunities.
About Maria Osende
Maria Osende is a renown dancer and choreographer from Madrid, Spain, established in Halifax since 2004. Her dance company: MariaOsende.com, her school (FlamencoSchool.ca) and the Atlantic Flamenco Festival have turned Atlantic Canada into a flamenco hotspot!
Maria loves teaching and has developed several dancers in Halifax. She has taught at Maritime Dance Academy, Halifax Dance, Mount Saint Vincent University, Leica Hardy Dance School, Rosario Flamenco (Vancouver) and at several dance programs across the province and the Atlantic region.