Advancing Negotiation Skills
in partnership with Scotwork
+++ Course provides an average 9.86 x ROI within 3 months +++
“If you have negotiators on your payroll and do not offer this opportunity, then you are giving away substantial revenue off your bottom line.”
Michael Neale, Chief Commercial Officer, Mediacom Canada.
The ICA’s Advancing Negotiation Skills course is the ultimate in negotiation skills development. It provides participants with the core skills they need to negotiate confidently in a professional, ethical and competent manner.
The Scotwork 8-Step Approach
You’ll learn both the theory and practice. The unique Scotwork method is based upon an understanding that all negotiations have an underlying structure: The 8-Step Approach. With their unique Case Play method, participants are actively involved in realistic negotiating exercises. Cases are selected to replicate real-life issues and are combined with a series of engaging 45-minute lectures. In a typical half-day module, participants take part in team preparation and team negotiation, followed by a video replay to evaluate performance.
Experience five opportunities to learn:
- From the lecture
- By preparing to negotiate
- By watching others negotiate
- By negotiating
- From video analysis and expert coaching
The course also provides a group discussion session. This session is vital because that is when problems, difficulties and issues can be raised and debated. It is also when our expert and engaging tutors will provide individual negotiation advice.
Click here to hear Rick Brook, SVP Global Client Operations, WPP on his experience with this course.
Maximum Return on your Investment
How can we be so sure? Because Scotwork run an ongoing survey of participants and managers. Average ROI within the first three months is nearly ten times the course fee.
It consistently reveals:
- 96% of participants reported improved negotiating performance
- 98% of managers say that the training investment was worthwhile
- 71% report more satisfying negotiations plus an improved level of confidence
- 99% would recommend the course
- 51% say the benefit increases over time
Unlike many training courses, the benefits of the Scotwork course increase over time.
2 ½ Days of Intensive Training
Over 100 powerful, practical and effective teaching points covering:
- Negotiate your way out of conflict
- Consider the five major issues in preparation
- Use active listening techniques to pick up signals
- Use constructive questioning
- Make, pitch and respond to proposals
- Re-package deals without spending any more
- Assess concessions and identify priorities
- Effectively trade and bargain
- Improve recognition and use of closing opportunities
- Handle agreement and implementation stages
- Make and respond to multiple-pointed claims
- Defuse aggression and confrontation
- Handle deadlocks
- Use team negotiating skills
- Respond to common negotiating tactics
- Build partnership relationships with clients or suppliers
- Learn the secrets of win/win deals
Who Should Attend?
This course is appropriate for anyone who has authority to negotiate or vary the terms of any arrangement; indeed, any detail on price, timing, priority, specification or employment can benefit. Scotwork industry experience and training covers all sectors of commerce, industry and corporate negotiation.
- Registration is not refundable but is transferable. Please notify us if you plan on transferring your registration ticket to another attendee.
- ICA reserves the right to cancel this program should enrolment levels fall short of guidelines and in the case of program cancellation by ICA all registration fees will be returned in full.
Save This Event
When & Where
Institute of Communication Agencies
ICA is the not-for-profit association for Canadian communication agencies, representing 75%+ of all national advertising. Our mission is to champion commercial creativity, amplify the industry’s economic impact, and to embrace and drive change. ICA promotes higher standards and best practices, and serves as the largest source of information, advice and training for the industry.