Actions and Detail Panel
Aging Well In Chestermere - A Community Engagement Event
Fri, 28 October 2016, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM MDT
Community and Social Development prides itself in making Chestermere a better place to live, work, raise families and grow older. We are very excited to participate in the provincial Age Friendly initiative and we invite you to participate in our community engagement event “Aging Well in Chestermere”.
We want your voice!
The benefits of developing an age friendly community include:
- HEALTHIER RESIDENTS: by promoting health, independence, injury prevention and active aging
- STRONGER COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS: by encouraging residents to actively participate in the community, whether by working, volunteering or engaging in community activities
- GREATER OPPORTUNITIES FOR BUSINESSES: that create a more accessible and welcoming shopping and work experience
Bringing stakeholder groups together, we will have a community conversation to:
- CELEBRATE: The City's unique strengths and past and current successes in creating an age friendly community
- IMAGINE: Together create an image of Aging Well in Chestermere - where people 55 and beyond can flourish
- DESIGN: explore possibilities on how we can realize the benefits of being an age friendly community
There is no charge to attend this event and lunch will be provided.
For more information contact: Marla Polachek
Phone: 403-207-7028, email: email@example.com