2016 Santa Claus Parade - Important Information
Date: Saturday December 3, 2016
Time: Parade begins at 5:00pm. Roads closure at 4:30pm and will remain closed until 30 minutes after the parade.
Route: Route begins at Fletcher Park (6th Avenue NW), will proceed Southbound on Main Street to Ridgegate Blvd.
Staging: 3:00pm at Fletcher Park. Detailed information will be sent out after your entry has been confirmed.
Please read the following (below), select your category - Commercial or Not For Profit (NFP) - then complete the registration form as directed. Both commercial and NFP entries may pay the registration fee online using MasterCard or Visa only. NFP entries will be asked to supply their society registration number. The total number of entries for the parade is limited to 50, so register early to secure your spot!
Only registered and approved entries will be able to participate in the parade. Continuing this year, we now require a description, drawing or photo of your proposed entry. Signing up and paying the fee does not guarantee acceptance of your entry. The Committee will review and approve qualified entries. All entries must reflect the Christmas/Winter Theme, additionally Santa and Mrs. Claus are booked by the Committee.
Please remember, this is a FAMILY EVENT. Unsuitable entries may be rejected. All approved entries will receive an email regarding Safety Guidelines, Float Decorations Guidelines and the Waiver.
Staging Area Details:
Staging will be at 4pm at Fletcher Park just west of 6 Avenue NW and Main Street.
Please familiarize yourself with the area prior to the parade to ensure efficient and safe staging. Traffic flows will be changed on Parade Day to accommodate proper staging. Please follow directions by our Parade Volunteers when requested. Please remember to be courteous – do not block driveways or intersections.
In an effort to keep your group together, please arrive at the staging area as a group. Otherwise, there is no guarantee that we will be able to facilitate multiple vehicles or large groups without disrupting the staging process.
Bring warm clothing. Parade starts at 5pm.
General Parade Float Requirements:
1) All floats must be approved by the parade organizers.
2) Vehicles/floats cannot be greater than 23.3 meters in length, 3.05 meters in width or 3.9 meters in height.
3) To assure safe passage along the parade route, vehicles/floats must have the capability to negotiate a 90 degree turn.
4) Materials guidelines may be related to fire code restrictions or may be in line with a parade’s theme.
5) Participants must remain on floats during the parade and adult supervision for children is required.
6) All walking participants not in organized marching groups must have pro-illumination for safety reasons.
7) All parade participants must adhere to Parade Marshal's instructions including direction from security personnel and volunteers.
8) Failure to comply with Parade Regulations may result in a ban from future parades.
9) All drivers must be in possession of an appropriate valid driver’s license and insurance, liability insurance, must sign indemnity forms if applicable, and adhere to organizers’ inspection policies. Prior to participation, the organizers may have a range of inspectors who grant final approval to a float’s acceptance into the parade.
10) Parade disbursement: those picking up children or participants are strongly encouraged to pre-designate a location outside of the disbursement area.
11) All entries with animals will be inspected – any entries deemed to be unsafe will be denied entry.
12) Excessive and extreme use of the HORN on any automobile will not be permitted as it also poses a safety concern with horses.
13) The throwing of candy or other items from the floats or vehicles will not be permitted. Handouts may be made by participants walking beside the float or vehicle along the parade route, however, please remember NO PEANUTS!
14) A Fire Extinguisher is recommended for all float entrants.
Important Legal & Insurance Notes:
1) During the registration process you will be asked to agree to the terms and conditions outlined in this document and agreed to in the "Waiver" questions. By acknowledging the waiver, your legal rights are affected.
2) By completing the online registration form you agree that on behalf of the firm/organization/individual, and all participants in this entry, that the City of Airdrie, the Airdrie Parades & Fireworks Committee or any agent or volunteer thereof, assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or property damage suffered in connection with the Canada Day Parade and/or the Santa Claus Parade howsoever caused (including negligence and excepting only wilful misconduct). You also agree to release and hold harmless such parties from any claim for such injury or damage. You also agree that by completing the online registration form you relinquish any right to litigation.
3) All applicants should carry public liability insurance for their own protection. A minimum of $1,000,000 bodily injury and property damage is recommended.
4) The Parade Committee will endeavor to conduct the parade in a safe and efficient manner; however the ultimate responsibility for safety lies with each individual entrant. In the interest of safety for all participants and spectators, those who disregard these guidelines will be requested to withdraw from the parade.
5) In the event of extreme cold weather or blizzard conditions parade entrants will be notified of the cancellation and subsequent alternate parade date.
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.airdrieparades.com