DISCIPLINED CHAOS IS THE NEW COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
For centuries now, we have designed our organizations to be operationally excellent. Today, the game has changed. Digital is disrupting every industry. Rather than worrying about efficiency and effectiveness, we need start focusing on evolution. How might we reimagine how we fundamentally approach work and innovation? The answer begins with adopting a culture that promotes disciplined chaos. A culture that promotes human-centered design, experimentation, failure, competition and growth.
In this session, you will:
- Learn why 2017 is the greatest (and scariest) time to be in business.
- Learn why taking a human-centered approach helps build culture, but also de-risks projects by saving time and money.
- Explore how companies like Apple, Tesla, Amazon and Google have embraced the power of competition and experimentation.
- Learn from Shawn's experience on the battleground of building culture with clients and internally.
- Obtain methods and tools for transforming your organization's culture.
Presenter: Shawn Kanungo, Innovation Expert & Strategist
Shawn Kanungo is a sought-after speaker, futurist and strategist. Over the past decade with Deloitte, he has been recognized nationally and globally for his work in the innovationspace. Shawn works with corporate executives to better understand and plan for the opportunities and threats associated with disruptive innovation. He is on the ground floor helping private and public sector organizations adopt new technologies and business models for the digital age. He is the Canadian delivery lead for Gov2020, an initiative designed to help government officials explore the future of government.
In 2016, he was recognized as one of Avenue Magazine's Top 40 Under 40, and awarded CPA Alberta’s Early Achievement Award. Shawn is also active in the technology space, and has built a number of consumer-based mobile apps, which have been featured in The Guardian, CBC and CTV. He is currently co-host of The Dip, a podcast focused on strategy, marketing and innovation – available on iTunes and Google Play.