Actions and Detail Panel
"Aqidah: A Muslim's Creed" By Shaykh Navaid Aziz
Sat, 22 October 2016, 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM MDT
Aqidah pertains to the essential elements of belief that make a person Muslim. To be strong in our faith it is critical that we have a strong understanding of Aqidah otherwise we are simply calling ourselves Muslim without knowing what that entails and we risk mistakenly being led astray. “Aqidah: A Muslim’s Creed” is a seminar that will focus on core questions like:
- What are the essential beliefs that make a person Muslim?
- What beliefs take a person out of the fold of Islam?
- What is Tawheed?
- What are some of the qualities and characteristics of Allah(SWT)?
Shaykh Navaid Aziz, who has a particular passion for teaching Aqidah, will be our main instructor for the weekend!
- Saturday October 22 from 6:00-10:00pm
- Room 150 of the Telus Centre on the UofA Campus (Corner of 87 Avenue and 111 Street). Please refer to the map below.
- $10/person (Kids under 10 are FREE). Any remaining tickets can be purchased at the door!
Is there parking or public transit nearby?
- The University LRT station is half a block away. For those who are driving, parking is available for $5 at the large underground parkade that exists below both the Timms Centre for the Arts and the Telus Centre. The Parkade door is accessible from 112 St and is part of the Timms Centre. Please refer to the map below.
Will babysitting be provided?
- Unfortunately we will not be able to have babysitting at this event.
Who is Shaykh Navaid Aziz?
- Sheikh Navaid Aziz was raised in Canada and obtained his degree in Economics and Social Science and went onto study at the Islamic University of Madinah where he attained an associates degree in Arabic before attaining his Bachelor's Degree in Shari’ah. He enjoys sharing his experiences through lecturing and social media and is an advocate of spirituality, morality, education, and mutual respect. He wants nothing more than to be part of generation that is successful in this life and the next!