Actions and Detail Panel
Art Hive Peterborough (Kickstart Summit)
Mon, 5 December 2016, 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM EST
What If We Created a Space Which Welcomes Everyone as an Artist, Believes Art Making is a Human Behaviour, Honours Diversity, and Celebrates Commonality?
Imagine a Space Which:
- Serves our community by building resilience and connection through the arts
- fosters self-directed experiences of creativity, learning, and skill sharing.
- provides free access as promoted by gift economy.
- shares resources including the abundant materials available for creative reuse.
- experiments with ideas through humble inquiry and arts-based research.
Together, we can bring a Peterborough Art Hive to life.
What Will Happen
This is a citizen-led, co-creative initiative. We have invited Peterborough Dialogues to host the gathering around shared intention. The processes used will help to illuminate the gifts and assets in the room, and discover what we can create together. A participatory process will lead us to next steps in shaping a project that will inspire all of us.
Doors open at 12:10 p.m. and we will begin in earnest at 12:30 p.m. Coffee and tea will be available.
Estimated cost of this gathering and immediate next steps, including space rental, hosting the summit, creating video and written word stories to share with the world is $2,000. You are invited to contribute $20 - $40 towards that amount with your registration. Our hope is that individuals will fund the event according to their ability and desire.
Full Fees are $40 plus taxes and transaction fees, OR, if you become a Peterborough Dialogues Patron at the $30.00/month level you can attend this and other single day events at no charge. Click here to learn more.
Not only are you invited, we would like your help in making sure we have a broad range of our community present. This can include people who would potentially be part of the art hive community as artists, funders, supporters, volunteers, agency members, clergy, musicians, makers, changers, connecters, grant writers, etc. Please invite strangers and people different from you to join us too.
If you choose to join us come ready to:
- Share Your Gifts and Current Reality
- Be Open to Strangers
- Come on Time and Commit to Being There for the Whole Gathering
“Communities are not built of friends, or of groups of people with similar styles and tastes, or even of people who like and understand each other. They are built of people who feel they are part of something that is bigger than themselves. To build community requires only the ability to see value in others: to look at them and see a potential partner in one's enterprise.”
— Suzanne Goldsmith, A City Year, 1997
NO REFUNDS AVAILABLE
If you are unable to make it to this event after having registered and paid, you can transfer that fee:
- To another Peterborough Dialogues event of equal or lesser value
- To another participant of your choosing, or
- Donate it to a sponsored seats pool. This makes participation more financially accessible to all community members.