Actions and Detail Panel
Arts in the Parks: Volunteer Training Session #2
Sat, 28 May 2016, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM EDT
THE TORONTO ARTS FOUNDATION: ARTS IN THE PARKS
Are you passionate about your neighbourhood, being outside, arts and culture, or any combination of the above?
Then we’re looking for YOU!
The Toronto Arts Foundation is seeking a team of 250+ highly collaborative, passionate individuals to be a part of our very first Arts in the Parks! Spend your summer in the great outdoors as we connect this creative city, block by block. Volunteers must apply through MyVolunteerPage.com prior to attending this training session.
ABOUT ARTS IN THE PARKS
Arts in the Parks is a city-wide initiative that brings free, family-friendly arts programming to parks in neighbourhoods across Toronto. Arts in the Parks will encourage community building, enjoyment of local parks, and activities for residents and tourists of all ages. Events will include performances, dance, music, theatre, film, community-engaged work and temporary installations by arts groups.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU TO BE AN ARTS IN THE PARKS AMBASSADOR!
WHO YOU ARE + WHAT YOU DO:
Arts in the Parks Ambassadors are the face of the Toronto Arts Foundation at each and every Arts Park across the city. Ambassadors have the opportunity to get involved in multiple ways throughout the event:
- Assisting with setting up and tearing down simple signage pre/post event
- Distributing brochures to audience members and passersby
- Answering questions about the event, park, and the Toronto Arts Foundation
- Conducting short audience surveys post-event
- …and more!
- A certificate of achievement to recognize your extraordinary work
- Invaluable volunteer hours and experience
- The chance to meet some of the city’s artists in a variety of artistic disciplines, from sculpting to singing
- Comprehensive training, including refreshments during sessions and TTC fare reimbursement, to ensure you’re well prepared to represent the Toronto Arts Foundation at Arts in the Parks events
- The opportunity to network and make lifelong friends
- An Arts in the Parks t-shirt and lanyard
- A wrap-up party with food and drink at the end of the summer to celebrate YOU and our first Arts in the Parks season, with opportunities to win prizes for your dedication and hard work!
HOW TO APPLY
Volunteers must apply (prior to attending this training session) directly at MyVolunteerPage.com and build a custom profile. Further instructions on scheduling and training will be provided upon completion of applications.
The Toronto Arts Foundation is asking that each volunteer commits to a minimum of three shifts (approximately 12 hours) over the course of the summer. Shifts can be scheduled back-to-back, or over the course of the summer. Volunteers are able to update and manage their own schedules.
All volunteers are required to attend at least one (1) training session prior to their scheduled shifts with Jaclyn Rodrigues, Marketing and Events Associate. The training sessions are approximately 1.5 hours in length. Light refreshments and TTC reimbursement will be provided.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Events are running throughout the months of June, July, August and September with ongoing opportunities to volunteer. Additional details regarding schedules will be provided at the training sessions and online at MyVolunteerPage.com
We’re here to help. Should you have any further questions about volunteering with us, about the online application and volunteer portal, or would simply like to know more about Arts in the Parks, please contact:
Marketing and Events Associate
Toronto Arts Foundation
200-26 Grand Trunk Crescent
Toronto, Ontario M5J 3A9
t 416.392.6802 x 212