artsVest Alberta Workshops
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
You’re invited to participate in artsVest Alberta!
What is artsVest?
artsVest is Business for the Arts’ national flagship program that works directly with small to mid-sized arts organizations, equipping them with in-depth training, tools and mentorship relationships. These components are thoughtfully created to build sustainable partnerships between arts and businesses and to spark sponsorship opportunities. As an added incentive, artsVest participants can apply for matching grants - for every one dollar raised in sponsorship, Business for the Arts will match it with another dollar - doubling their sponsorship opportunity.
The program provides local arts organizations with:
- Free live sponsorship training workshop
- Individualized mentorship sessions with Canada's top sponsorship experts
- Peer-to-Peer training workshops
- Webinars, marketing and branding tutorials
- Access to our 6-module e-Learning sponsorship course
- A resource bank of sponsorship tools and templates
A total of $219,500 in matching incentive grants is available to selected participants in Calgary and Edmonton who secure sponsorship from businesses throughout the 10-month program. Combined with those sponsorship dollars, this will translate to an investment impact of at least $439,000 into Alberta's cultural economy over the period of one program year.
For more information on the program and to view past results, visit www.artsvest.com.
Learn more about artsVest Alberta and how to apply - join us for our Sponsorship Workshops and Information Sessions!
Tuesday, October 18 - 1:00pm - 5:00pm
West Village Theatre
2007 10 Ave SW, Calgary, AB
Wednesday, October 19 - 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Prince of Wales Armouries - Kinross Room
10440 108 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB
A launch celebration will follow the workshop with hors d'oeuvres and speaches from local government and arts sector representatives from 5-6PM!
Please note that your attendance at the workshop and the Information Session is required if you intend to apply for artsVest 2016-17!
Agenda for both Calgary and Edmonton:
1:00pm - 2:00pm - artsVest Information Session
The information session will provide important insight about how to successfully apply to artsVest 2016-2017, and will present information about program offerings and timelines.
2:00 - 5:00pm - Beginner / Intermediate Sponsorship Workshop
This workshop provides valuable tools to help small and mid-sized cultural organizations secure long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships with local businesses. It explores the basics of sponsorship, answering the following questions:
- What is the difference between a donation and sponsorship?
- How can I identify prospects in my community to partner with?
- How do I create an effective sponsorship proposal?
- How do I close the deal?
Tea and coffee will be served.
Recommendations for Success and Eligibility Requirements
- The artsVest program is open to Calgary and Edmonton arts, culture and heritage organizations with an annual operating budget of under $1.5M.
- We strongly recommend that at least two team members attend the artsVest workshop on behalf of your organization. Program trends indicate that having more than one team member attend will improve your success in your application and eventual fundraising efforts. Note that only staff, board members and volunteers are eligible to attend on behalf of the organization. Temporary staff and interns are not eligible.
- The individuals attending the workshop must be the ones spearheading the artsVest program for your organization.
The artsVest program in Alberta is made possible with funding from the Government of Alberta, the Government of Canada and Calgary Arts Development. Municipal support from Edmonton Arts Council and Calgary Arts Development.
Questions may be directed to:
Program Manager, artsVest Alberta
Calgary venue support from: