[Ages 10 to 12]
Clarington Public Library, Courtice Branch, The Great Room
Saturday, February 11th
11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Cost $49; includes participant manual.
Recommended that attendees bring a lunch or snack.
This Canadian Safety Council course gives you the tools and information you need to stay at home alone for short periods of time. The course is facilitated by Red Cross certified instructors from React Right Safety Services.
- Looking after the house key (make a key chain);
- Preparing healthy snacks;*
- Walking home;
- Appropriate activities when home alone;
- Electrical/fire safety;
- Basic First Aid; and
- Problem solving (e.g. house broken into, severe weather).
* Note: A healthy snack will be prepared. Please advise staff of any allergies at time of registration.
Presented in partnership with React Right Safety Services.
Advanced registration is required; space is limited Register online, in person, or by phone. Payment options: Mastercard®, VISA®, Debit, Cash, Personal cheque (post-dated cheques will not be accepted, NSF cheques subject to $35 charge).