[Ages 11 to 15]
Clarington Public Library, Newcastle Branch, George and Kathleen Vice Community Room
Saturday, January 21st and Sunday, January 22nd
11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. each day
Cost $49; includes participant manual.
Recommended that attendees bring a lunch or snack.
This course teaches you the fundamental skills needed to start your own babysitting service. A Red Cross certified instructor from React Right Safety Services teaches the class.
- How to give appropriate care for infants, toddlers and school-aged children;
- Dealing with basic First Aid emergencies;
- How to recognize potential hazards;
- What parents expect of a babysitter;
- How to safely find customers; and
- Rural babysitting.
* Note: Bring a teddy bear to practice on!
Presented in partnership with React Right Safety Services.
Babysitting Course is also being offered on Saturday, March 4 at the Bowmanville Branch.
Advanced registration is required; space is limited Register online, in person, or by phone. Payment options: Mastercard®, VISA®, Debit, Cash, Personal cheque (post-dated cheques will not be accepted, NSF cheques subject to $35 charge).