San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Beer & Bugs
Aruna Antonella Handa, PhD, is a philosopher, a cook, a singer and the founder of Alimentary Initiatives, a food culture company. In addition to consulting, Alimentary conducts experiments on food system solutions. Current initiatives include: the Future Food Salons, this series is all about crickets; the Taste Labs, exploring our sense of taste; and the Office Markets, bringing fresh local food markets to workplaces.
- They are sustainably produced, using less water, less land, producing fewer C02 emissions with a high feed to protein produced ratio.
- They are nutritious. High in protein, omega three fats and iron.
- They are versatile to cook with. Come and see what we mean.
- They are ethically euthanized. Refrigerating and then freezing them slows their metabolism so that they are asleep when you cook them.
- They are found everywhere on the planet, meaning that they do not pose an ecological disaster. They are also capable of being raised in home units.
A Big Thanks To Our Sponsors for Beer & Bugs:
*Please note: all ticket sales are final.
When & Where
Run by Canada's first Master Cicerone® and author of Beerology: Everything You Need to Know to Enjoy Beer...Even More, Mirella Amato, Beerology offers a range of entertaining and informative beer tasting workshops and dinners, ideal for staff or client appreciation, special occasions or just for fun!
Check out Mirella's award-winning book!