San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Perspective is the FOUNDATION of drawing and every artist should have this knowledge and skill. This Art Instructional Program is invaluable for anyone needing or interested in creating perspective accurate drawings in the Visual Arts, especially in the fields of: Advertising, Architecture, Interior Design, Animation, Cartooning, Gaming, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Illustration, Education, Industrial Design, Live Action, Theater, Landscape Architecture & Woodworking.
Beginner Program Syllabus:
• One and Two Point Perspective: Most drawings are structured on one of these two basic principles.
• Perspective Measurements: Simple measurements that determine size relationships between various elements in a drawing ( including space ), quickly & easily in perspective.
• Ellipses: Ellipses (circles in perspective) are essential to know and understand in all drawing.
• Inclined Planes & Auxiliary Vanishing Points: Most surfaces (planes) that we draw are parallel or perpendicular to the ground. We use auxiliary vanishing points for drawing inclined surfaces.
• Three Point Perspective: Used to draw extreme up or down views. Applied for dramatic effect, especially in animation / cartooning and graphic novels.
• Structural Drawing: Every object in your drawing has structure, and understanding that structure in perspective will greatly enhance your ability to draw the object quickly, accurately & confidently.
• Forms In Nature: Even trees, clouds and rocks have structure. Knowing the "perspective" of a tree will give you the ability to easily draw the tree from any angle (viewpoint) you choose.
• Intersecting Planes: We will learn how to properly construct intersecting planes by drawing many different types of roof tops. Knowing how to correctly draw these intersecting surfaces is essential in drawing architecture but is also helpful in drawing most everything else.
• Architectural Interior: We will draw a 1-point perspective room interior that you choose, real or fantasy. We'll learn how to arrange & design your room to sell it visually for the viewer. A terrific showcase drawing for Interior Designers & Architects.
• Architectural Exterior: We will draw victorian building exteriors (from models). A great portfolio piece, especially for Architects.
Through simple perspective principles, we'll draw structurally "complex" objects easily. We'll understand how the viewer of your drawing plays an important role in how you will execute your composition. We'll see how our "cone of vision" effects our drawing. You will learn to apply "line quality" and all the rest of the essential skills artists should know, to draw accurately and convincingly!
BEGINNER PROGRAM $345 Handout Material included
Refund up to Class 2
Students without any previous art training are welcome!
9 classes from 7-9:30 pm Thursdays
School across from Dundas West Subway, Toronto Canada
Ample Free Parking
Referral Program: You will save $50 for EACH person you refer, that takes the Beginner Program at the same time as you. Learn together and save!
Missed Classes Offer: If you are not able to come to some of the classes you paid for (for whatever reason), you are welcome to attend those missed classes for FREE when they are scheduled again.
PHONE: Dale @ (647) 436-1077
Save This Event
When & Where
This program is designed and taught by artist Dale Desrochers, who's worked in the art and animation industry for the past 30 years as a background artist, designer and art instructor (Sheridan College and other institutes).
He has the knowledge, patience, dedication and greatest desire to have you understand the concepts & logic behind everything you draw, in and outside of class.
"Most everyone tells me they have fun while gaining this valuable knowledge in my classes. Perspective drawing doesn't have to be stressful and frustrating to learn! If you come to class, bring a desire to learn, plenty of smiles,… and a pencil & paper might also be helpful!"
Thank you and have a great day :)
Dale Desrochers (Program Director and Instructor)