Skip Main Navigation
Page Content

Save This Event

Event Saved

Behind Closed Doors: The New Social Media - Transformational Insight Session

Institute of Communication Agencies

Thursday, June 1, 2017 from 8:30 AM to 10:15 AM (EDT)

Behind Closed Doors: The New Social Media -...

Ticket Information

Ticket Type Sales End Price Fee GST/HST Quantity
Single Ticket 1d 9h 35m CA$25.00 CA$2.37 CA$3.56
Two or More Tickets 1d 9h 35m Free CA$0.00 CA$0.00

Share Behind Closed Doors: The New Social Media - Transformational Insight Session

Event Details

 

How do brands engage with users “behind closed doors” without intruding upon private moments? 

From 2015, usage of messaging apps such as Whatsapp, BBM, Snapchat and WeChat outstripped that of traditional social apps like Facebook and Twitter. Sending messages via a mobile device has always been at the core of the mobile phone experience with users spending approximately 60% of their time engaging in this medium - with the remaining 40% divided between content, commerce and gaming. 

Yet for a long time, these “dark social” apps posed a huge challenge to marketers.

Join us on June 1, 2017 as Adam Pattison, BBM Vice President – EMEA & NA, discusses why mobile messaging is the “killer” app and why brands should be taking advantage of their content ecosystems to become a part of the conversation.

Seats are limited so register early.

About the speaker:

Adam heads the commercial BBM sales business outside of Asia. His role incorporates sales and marketing efforts across the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa alongside strategic business development with existing and potential content and commerce partners that are keen to align and adapt their businesses within messaging ecosystems. Adam joined the BBM team in 2013 as it transitioned into a multi-platform product on iOS, Android and Windows operating systems and before it was being monetized. He is part of the global leadership team that developed BBM into the multi-million dollar advertising business that it is today.

 Previous to joining BBM, Adam headed commercial efforts across a range of mobile, video and digital advertising tech companies, including Mobclix, Sizmek and Specific Media (now Viant). Adam is a regular presenter at industry events and conferences in the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Africa

SCHEDULE:
8:30am - 9:00AM:  Registration & breakfast
9:00 - 10:00AM:   Session begins
10:00 - 10:15AM: Q&A 

re: TICKET REGISTRATION. Please register first and last name & include email address

Please note that tickets are not refundable, but are transferable.  In the event you are registered and do not attend, you will be subject to a $25 service charge

If you have questions, please contact Grace Consul gconsul@icacanada.ca

Have questions about Behind Closed Doors: The New Social Media - Transformational Insight Session? Contact Institute of Communication Agencies

Save This Event

Event Saved

When & Where


The Spoke Club
2nd Floor
600 King St W,
Toronto, ON M5V 1M3
Canada

Thursday, June 1, 2017 from 8:30 AM to 10:15 AM (EDT)


  Add to my calendar

Organizer

Institute of Communication Agencies

 

 

 

ICA is the not-for-profit association for Canadian advertising, marketing, media and public relations agencies. Our mission is to Amplify, Protect and Transform the agency sector through advocacy, awards, community, consultancy, insight, networking, research and training.  Our membership and board or directors represent some of the most recognized and influential businesses in our industry, both in Canada and internationally.

 

 

 

  Contact the Organizer
Behind Closed Doors: The New Social Media - Transformational Insight Session
Things to do in Toronto Seminar Business

Please log in or sign up

In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.