Best Practices For Strata Secretaries
BEST PRACTICES FOR STRATA COUNCIL SECRETARIES
OUTLINE OF TOPICS TO BE COVERED:
- Recording the minutes of council meetings and AGM’s - what goes in the minutes; what doesn’t. PIPA regulations; Strata Privacy Officer.
- Correspondence – how to respond to requests in between council meetings; timelines for responses; procedures for drafting letters from council.
- Record keeping – which documents to save; for how long; how to ensure privacy.
- Requests for records – what documents owners and others are entitled to; what they are not entitled to; timeline for requests.
- SPA Forms – how to fill in correctly; importance of timelines.
- General Meeting Resolutions – how to word them.
- Bylaw Changes – how to file them with LTSA; how to inform owners.
- Resident’s Manual – purpose and benefits. (INCLUDED - our publication “Sample Resident’s Manual - $12 value)
Includes lunch, reference binder with all handout materials, and VISOA Publication Sample Resident’s Manual.
This is a hands-on interactive workshop. Registration is limited to 25 in order that all can fully participate in discussions.
This workshop will be facilitated by Sandy Wagner, VISOA President.
This Workshop is for VISOA corporate members only