Learning Big Data Technologies through labs and projects.
5 days fulltime bootcamp
As the major banks in Canada have built their own data science teams and started to carry out proof-of-concept projects, data scientists who are able to use big data tools, like Hadoop, Hive, Scala, and Spark have become one of the most in-demand and highest-paying jobs in Canada. With our rich experience in data science training, we have designed the most comprehensive and easy-to-follow curriculum for our students. We believe that practice makes perfect, so our course is embedded with labs and projects to help you hone your skills.
Founded in Toronto, WeCloudData has assembled the top talents from famous data-driven companies in North America to design the most comprehensive, effective and cost-efficient curriculum to help you master advanced big data technologies.
Fast, Comprehensive, Hands-on
- Our instructors play key roles in data science departments in some of the most well-known data-driven companies in North America
- Our instructors use python, spark and cloud platforms on a daily basis to tackle data science/engineering problems and they teach students to focus on things that actually matter in workplace
- Our instructors are good presenters and story tellers
- Apart from the lab exercises we provide for each class, we also ask students to involve in a capstone project after class. And our TA's will provide timely online support via email or any social media you’re comfortable with.
Office hours/Online support
- During the one week full-time learning period, we believe effective learning happens outside the classroom through practice and reinforcement. Our TA's and instructors provide office hours and also online support. It is our belief that being able to address students’ questions face to face will yield the best learning outcome.
- We help all professionals to gain profound knowledge in big data technologies through hands-on labs and projects in 5 full-day instructor-led courses.
A self-trained data scientist and an expert in applied big data technologies, Shaohua has 10 years of experience in applied data science and has built a reputation for building high-performance data science teams. He is currently a senior data scientist at Kik Interactive Inc., helping the billion-dollar Canadian tech unicorn grow its big data initiative.
Prior to Kik, Shaohua built a high-performance data science team at BlackBerry that focused on building innovative data science solutions for marketing, CRM and product teams. He is specialized in user interest graph modelling, targeted advertising, scalable location intelligence and large-scale recommendation engines for mobile personalization. He also collaborated with Ryerson’s Data Science Lab on several big data research projects. Shaohua also helped build the big data course at Ryerson University where he trained over 150 professionals on big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark and data sciences.
This session will provide a brief introduction to the new generation SAS Architecture – Viya. SAS Viya is a single,
cloud-ready environment that will serve everyone – from data scientists to business analysts,
application developers to executives – with the reliable, scalable, secure analytics management and governance essential for agile IT.
Katerina Goulioutkina is presently working as a Senior Pre-Sales Engineer at SAS Canada. Katerina is working with Canadian banks in helping them to solve their business problems with Analytics.
Katerina worked for a decade at IBM Canada in various roles, ranging from a Senior Systems Engineer to a Client Technical Advisor serving Banking, Insurance, Retails and Telecommunications. Katerina is a Certified Analytics Advisor with extensive mathematical, IT, BIG Data, and programming expertise.
Katerina worked as Senior Consultant at CGI, leading Systems Management Team for Bell Canada.
Katerina worked as a Software Developer at Bank of Montreal, developing software in C++/Java.
Katerina carried a passion for teaching and worked as Professor of Computer Science at Seneca College for a decade, teaching Structured Programming, Object-Oriented Design, C++/Java, advanced topic in memory and pointers management.
Katerina holds an Advanced Degree in Artificial Intelligence/Applied Mathematics from Kiev Polytechnic University (USSR).