Actions and Detail Panel
Bike Maintenance & Tune-up Workshop: St. Clair West
Thu, 27 April 2017, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM EDT
It's that time of year again - the snow is melting and it's finally getting warmer! Before you hop on your bicycle to commute to work or an outting, make sure everything is in good working order with Matteo's Bike Repair!
For a Pay What You Can donation, you can attend any of the upcoming bicycle tuning and ride safety workshops that will be taking place at each of our Toronto Tool Library locations to get you prepared for your spring pedalling!
Matteo Zammit a local delivery bicycle mechanic will be leading the workshop which will touch on the following
- brake tuning for various common brake systems
- gear tuning
- how to check bike for inconspicuous issues
- chain wear and how it can save you money checking it
- seat height norms and how to raise common handle bars and stems.
- wheel trying for anyone interested
- long distance touring tips/strategies available post workshop
Matteo has worked as a bicycle mechanic for 3 years, has volunteered and been involved mechanically with bicycles for 8 years beginning with Toronto's local Bicycle DIY bicycle Cooperatives. He runs his own business as Matteo's Delivery Bicycle Repair which can be checked out here www.facebook.com/matteosbikerepair/