Pelvic PT Clinical Skills Boot Camp
We are excited to bring the popular Pelvic PT Boot Camp Clinical Skills Course to Montreal for the fisrt time!
Increase your clinical skills and comfort with treating pelvic health patients in a short amount of time! The course is limited to 20 participants for more hands-on learning!
This is a new and exciting concept for Pelvic Health PTs as part of the Pelvic Guru Mentoring Program!! I've listened to the requests from therapists for years and know what clinical pearls you want to learn. The reviews from our first course in Orlando in 2015 were fantastic. Here's a review of the course and testimonials
Imagine a course that is geared towards improving your hands-on clinical skills and critical thinking skills. The focus of this course is mastering the basic skills to be able to treat general pelvic health cases - bowel, bladder, and general pelvic pain conditions for women and men. You will gain confidence and have all of your questions answered! This course is ideal for someone who has taken one or a few courses in pelvic health, but still wants more hands on clinical training, ideas, and learning "clinical pearls." As it turns out, both new and experienced therapists have found this course helpful.
Objectives Participant will have the opportunity to:
• Learn (and/or improve current level of) the latest hands-on clinical skills (and how it relates to research) for treating pelvic health conditions for men and women
• Have any individual questions answered that will enhance clinical skill level
• Review and discuss current patients or case studies for learning opportunities and improved patient care immediately.
• Have a low faculty to student ratio of no greater than 7:1
• Experience small group discussions and demonstrations facilitated by faculty members
This course is for you if:
• You have taken at least Pelvic Floor Level 1 and have not had a chance to treat a lot of patients yet AND/OR you realize you want and need more direct mentoring in a learning environment.
• You want to learn clinical pearls that you won't get in the typical didactic courses. You can ask ANY question and be able to apply the information right away.
You want more info about how to position patients, male evaluation and treatment, creating a full plan of care that is comprehensive, and more! (Every attempt is made to have a male model on site for demo of anatomy and clinical pearls)
* MUST be a pelvic health PT or OT. Will consider other professionals after further review.
Tracy Sher, MPT, CSCS
* 16 years of clinical practice in women's health and orthopedics (outpatient hospital and private practice). Owner and Clinical Director of Sher Pelvic Health and Healing, LLC.
*Faculty for Herman and Wallace Pelvic Health Rehabilitation Institute for 4 years, teaching PF1 nationally.
* International instructor and creator of Pudendal Neuralgia and Pelvic Pain Course
* Speaker on wide range of women's health and men's health topics
* Successfully started 2 large hospital-based women's health programs and a private practice
* Founder of Pelvic Guru blog and social media resource
* Sees complex patients from local area and from all over the world who seek out her expertise, critical thinking and hands-on skills.
What is the refund policy?
Refunds are honored up to 30 days before the course and may be subject to up to a 20% administrative fee. Within 30 days until the course, refunds will not be provided, but can be transferred to another individual.
* If the course does not reach a minimum number of students up to 30 days before the course, the course may be cancelled; and a full refund will be provided.
What are the course hours?
Saturday - Registration at 8:00. Course hours: 8:30 am - 6:00 pm (There will be a 1 hour lunch).
Sunday: Regular course hours 8:00 am -4:00.
Any pre-course work or reading ahead of time?
Some Pelvic PT Boot Camp Course Testimonials
"This course offered me the most relaxed environment I've had the opportunity to experience while learning pelvic floor PT. The global and personalized approach is exactly what I needed to advance my skills and ensure my confidence in order to go forward"
"Tracy is amazing, approachable, dynamic, intelligent, great teaching of complex material. Passionate about this profession. Rock star!"
"I didn't know quite what to expect with this inaugural Boot Camp course. After completion, I am so glad to have committed. The clinical pearls Tracy Sher shared with this class are invaluable."
"Pelvic Floor Boot Camp did exactly what it was supposed to do. Sharpened clinical skills, reinforced that some things I was doing are right, but really opened my eyes to other options for assessment and treatment. I did really feel like all of my questions were answered by the end of the weekend."
"Tracy - your passion for pelvic health is amazing. Your experience and willingness to share your knowledge is such a gift. Thank you."
"Tracy puts you at ease because she is fun and meets the students at their level just like she meets her patients at their level. She makes you realize people need time to heal, it takes time to figure out all the dysfunctions, but she keeps working to reach their goals..."
"makes the material so much more exciting and less scary. All [instructors] are very approachable, which was refreshing compared to other courses."
"This course truly provided hands on clinical experience. The instructor kept the audience engaged and provided evidence based research."
"I was able to learn more anatomy internally without the pressure in a structured course - although this had its "own" structure...I never felt rushed."
"Loved the clinical pearls. Ability to talk, learn from every question, positioning patients in "untraditional" positions and great mentors to ask questions.
"The instructors were amazing, terrific and awesome."
Additional Instructor Comments:
"excellent instructor. I never felt rushed and more than willing to share all important and pertinent studies and research that are out and available. Shared cases and treatment choices on difficult cases."
"Very knowledgable. Very conscientious about teaching as much as possible. Loved the treatment ideas! Very much at ease with treating fascial pain patients (finally)."
"Very approachable. Showed techniques well. Explained them so I could understand."
"Very easy to learn from, knowledgeable, open and global in approach."
Date et heure
L'association Québécoise de Physiothérapie Manuelle Orthopédique (AQPMO)
1555 Rue Beaubien Est
Montréal, QC H2G 1L3