Actions and Detail Panel
Blood Drive Pickering
Fri, 21 October 2016, 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM EDT
Blood is the most precious gift that anyone can give to another person — the gift of life. Every five minutes 1 in 3 people around the world die due to blood shortage. A decision to donate your blood today has the potential to save up to 3 lives! Your kind donation could give a new born child his life back, could return a mother to her children or even a husband to his wife.
When to Donate?
Friday, October 21st, 2016 from 2:00PM to 6:00PM
Where to Donate?
Pickering Recreation Complex, 1867 Valley Farm RD, Pickering
Don't miss your chance to grab your spot - popular events fill up fast! Please register and choose your desires slot today.
Why to donate?
A spider bite might not transform you into a superhero, but a small needle prick and a little of your time sure can. Yes, by donating blood you’ll be saving up to three human lives each time. And here is even more awesome news: not only is donating blood extremely beneficial to those on the receiving end, it also has proven benefits to the person donating are some of the benefits you gain for you humanitarian efforts:
The Joy of Saving Human Lives
- Free Health CHeck-up
- Reduces Risk of Heart Disease
- Burn Calories
- Reduces the Risk of Cancer
How to Donate?
Please register, choose your desires slot and start saving lifes! The entire appointment takes about 30 minutes, however, the actual donation takes only 10 minutes. You will have to:
- Register in a specific time slot and show up on that day.
- When you walk in on the Donation Day, a staff member will check you in.
- A trained staff will then give you a ‘finger prick’ test to check your level of hemoglobin and test your blood pressure.
- You will have to complete a short questionnaire about your medical history (this will be completely confidential). We do recommend that you finish the questionnaire online as the blood donation center will send it to you as soon as you book an appointment, this will make if easier and faster for both yourself and the center.
- If eveything is normal, you will start with the actual blood donation.
Bring an ID
Please bring either your donor card, driver's license or two other forms of identification.
Bring a Friend
Bring along a friend, so that you may both enjoy the benefits of giving blood.
Blood donation is a simple and very safe procedure so there is nothing to worry about.
Help Us Spread the Word and Raise Awareness, invite people to the event and contribute in saving lives by becoming a new blood donor. #GiveBlood #ItStartsWithYou
Date and Time
Canadian Blood Services - Blood Donor Clinic
Pickering Recreation Complex
1867 Valley Farm Road
Pickering, Ontario L1V 6K7