Actions and Detail Panel
Bow Valley College Building Resilience Workshops for Employees
Fri, 17 February 2017, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM MST
Thanks for attending the Resilience Overview workshop with Dr. Bob Acton. Now it’s time to dive down into the tools to help build your resilience. You can pick one or all seven workshops to attend. It’s completely up to you. Each workshop will have practical and useful tools to use to build that specific aspect of your resilience.
- Meaning: Find meaning in your life and ensure that you are living a value based life.
- Alignment: Make sure that you are in alignment with your workplace. Is what is important to you (e.g., your values) evident at work?
- Physical Energy: Ensure you have enough physical energy to work well. We’ll talk about the big four of sleep, diet, exercise, and flexibility.
- Emotional Energy: Use your emotional energy to help you feel fantastic. This session will focus on staying in the positive energy zone and we will present some easy, practical and very useful strategies to keep you moving towards happiness.
- Mental Energy: Work with specific methods to manage overwhelm and distraction and keep you focused and present with your work.
- Problem-solving: Using powerful tools to solve problems quickly
- Social Support: Finding and nurturing those positive relationships in your life that keep you going.
And to help you determine which ones to attend, use our Resilience Questionnaire. It is a private and personal online assessment to help guide you to which areas you might choose to work on. Try it here: Resilience Questionnaire You complete the online questionnaire and it produces a personal report for you to keep or print off for your personal use.
To register for the workshops, click on "Select a date" which pulls up a drop down list of dates to choose from. Once you've selected a date, click on "Register" then another window will pop up with a drop down list pertaining to the specific date that you will be attending. The last step is to click on "Check out".
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact HR: email@example.com.