Actions and Detail Panel
Brokering Better Partnerships
Thu, 19 January 2017, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM MST
Partnering and collaboration
… if we are to create a more inclusive and sustainable world.
Working in new ways and bridging traditional boundaries is, however, extremely challenging and often falls far short of the high expectations of all those involved.
Learn what it takes to partner effectively at this one-day introductory workshop with JS Daw & Associates and the International Partnership Brokers Association.
This introductory session will shine a spotlight on the process of successful 'partnering' and why it is about so much more than achieving project outcomes. We will explore the challenges of partnering; the principles that support partnering; and the factors that are critical to success. This is a highly interactive workshop and includes practical resources to take away. This approach is seen as a way of generating discussion and building coherence for partnering more systematically and effectively.
• To build understanding of multi-stakeholder collaboration (‘partnering’)
• To provide an opportunity to explore partnering challenges and good practice principles
• To consider what it takes to partner effectively
• To introduce a number of frameworks and concepts and share different views / experiences
• To introduce the concept of ‘partnership brokering’