Actions and Detail Panel
Brush Calligraphy Workshop
Sat, 29 April 2017, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM EDT
Learn Brush Calligraphy
Whether you want to address stunning envelopes for a wedding or celebration; create darling details for your home; or simply learn the fundamentals of a beautiful art form – this workshop is for you.
In this workshop you will learn:
- The difference between "brush calligraphy" and "modern calligraphy”
- How to hold & use a brush pen
- Basic strokes and letters using different brush pens
- Various brands/types of brush pens & how to choose
- 3 hours of hands-on instruction
- A take-home starter kit with everything you need to practice your skills (pencil, 2 varieties of brush pen, letter/word templates, guideline sheets and spare practice sheets)
- Refreshments & snacks
No experience necessary.
About the Instructor
Captaining this ship of delightful penmanship is Becca Courtice. Becca is a full-time calligrapher/hand letterer and all-round-crafting genius from Ottawa, Ontario. She’s got an enviable eye for detail and is a skilled teacher – there’s a reason she has over 70,000 Instagram followers at (@thehappyevercrafter). We can’t wait to welcome Becca to Peterborough.
Date and Time
Second Floor Studio
146 Simcoe Street
146 Simcoe Street (directly above the SpeakEasy Cafe)
Peterborough, ON K9H 0A3