Dads, keep your daughters close!
One-day workshop for Girls, Grades 5-7 and their Dads
A unique Dad & Daughter Interactive Day, Saturday, January 21st, 10:00am-2:30pm
- Strengthen your relationship with your daughter and have a lot of fun
- Join in discussions, by two dynamic teen-focused therapists, related to navigating the tween years with success
- Learn what the latest brain science tells us about the adolescent brain, how best to guide your tween and ways to keep our to keep a Dad/Daughter relationship strong
- Let your daughter know that she is worth a special day together!
What you will learn:
- Skills to keep the communication lines open with your daughter
- The basics of brain development
- How to encourage your daughter to grow her inner strengths in a world that over-emphasizes the external
- Learn strategies for maintaining a close relationship in our high tech world
This is a unique opportunity to peek inside today’s tween world, add tools to your parenting tool kit and have fun while doing it! This course is a must for everybody with a tween daughter!
Maximum 10 dad and daughter pairs.
A few extras: Art activities and Mauy Thai boxing (with Kelsey Andries, 2015 World Champion) are incorporated into the program too, so dress in workout clothes. Lunch and snacks will be provided.
Facilitators: Alisha Dantoo, MSW & Tasha Belix, M.A.
Located in the group room of Living Spirit Church. Free parking.
Health Insurance: Tasha is a Registered Psychologist. Your fee may be eligible for reimbursement by your health care provider as Psychological Services.
Save This Event
When & Where
Tasha Belix, M.A., Registered Psychologist
Tasha is one of the few professionals in Calgary, Alberta with a practice focused on helping girls aged 8-15 years old reach their true potential. With over 20 years experience working directly with youth, Tasha is well recognized for her ability to gain acceptance and trust with girls while helping them work through issues that are usually attributed to adolescent growing pains.
Tasha offers a variety of programs aimed at helping girls navigate their tween and teen years with confidence and success. This can be done in one to one counselling sessions or by attending stimulating, fun group workshops.