Actions and Detail Panel
Building an On-Demand Startup or App
Tue, 1 November 2016, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM EDT
You’ve seen how Uber, AirBNB and other on-demand apps have transformed not only their industries – but also the way we now expect to be able to work or make transactons. Anything from physical goods (cars, bikes and tools) to services (dogsitting, small household tasks) to other resources (knowledge, spaces) has been re-envisioned with a new business model for today’s sharing economy.
This workshop is for those looking to build their own on-demand start-up or app.Customers are ready for on-demand services – but what’s the best way to meet their needs for your industry? This workshop will cover some of the key considerations and actionable to-do’s to make sure you do it right.
You’ll learn about:
- Some background in growth of the sharing economy: why do some concepts take off and others go bust? What approaches have proven successful or not?
- Building the business: market validation, finding your niche and key partners
- Building the platform: should you start with web or mobile? iOS, Android or both? What’s the process and costs of building an on-demand mobile or web app?
- Prioritizing features, functionality and markets
- Monetization and growth strategies
- Tools and resources to help you succeed
- It’s not all about the technology: building the right team and offline experience
Staying ahead: mobile trends and technologies to watch in 2017 and beyond
Speaker Bio: Megan Martin, Iversoft Solutions
As part of one of Ottawa’s leading app development companies, Iversoft Solutions, Megan Martin works closely with both startups and established companies looking to create impactful custom website and mobile apps. From strategy and design, through to development and ongoing support, the company has built over 100 apps in a range of industries. Clients have included Torstar, Audi Canada, WagJag, The X Factor and on-demand startups such as TouchPlow (“Uber for snow removal”) which launched to nationwide media attention and awards in 2015.
Date and Time
80 Aberdeen St., Suite 100
Ottawa, Ontario K1S 5R5