San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Date: Monday, October 17
Time: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Location: The Link Georgina
Address: 20849 Dalton Road, Sutton, ON L0E 1R0
Speaker: Javed Khan
Networking in Motion
Is your networking bringing in enough new business?
Networking. Just mention the word and people get stressed.
Regardless of how uncomfortable you are about mingling in a room full of strangers, networking is undeniably an effective way to meet people who can provide new opportunities and help you grow your business & network.
In most cases, networking challenges are the direct result of technique rather than effort. Networking works for everyone; the challenge lies in how you perceive networking success.
In this training session, Javed S. Khan will provide participants with the insight and skills to be more effective face-to-face business networkers. Being yourself is the most effective tool for business networking and building relationships.
You will learn how to:
• Appreciate the importance of networking, and different forms of networking
• Understand the dynamics of communication that are specific to networking
• Become more confident and assured when ‘working’ a room
• Become more clear with their key message
• Use effective follow-up to maintain active contacts and connections
• Select the correct networking groups, clubs and events
• Create their own personal network
A highly interactive experience involving:
• High quality presentation and structured approach to learning
• Many practical insights and methods
• Individual and group participation, including games
This will be an entertaining and interactive session.
Be prepared to learn, take lots of notes and evolve your networking skills.
When & Where
York Small Business Enterprise Centre
The York Small Business Enterprise Centre, (YSBEC) serves small businesses in the northern six York Region municipalities: Aurora, East Gwillimbury, Georgina, King, Newmarket and Whitchurch-Stouffville.
The YSBEC is managed by the Regional Municipality of York’s Economic Strategy Branch and is a partnership with the Ontario Ministry of Research and Innovation (MRI). Each of the Region’s Small Business Enterprise Centres focus on providing support to both new start-ups and existing small businesses in their communities.
If you are starting a new business, or are an existing small business with less than ten employees, call us! We can help.