Actions and Detail Panel
Business Planning Course for Agri-Food Processors
Sat, 15 Oct 2016, 8:30 AM – Sun, 16 Oct 2016, 4:30 PM PDT
Do you own a business in food or beverage processing, manufacturing or farming OR are you thinking of starting up a business in this industry? This is your opportunity to invest in yourself and learn how to build a foundation for success. In addition to learning the modules below, there will be special guests and time for networking.
1. The Business Planning Process: Learn about the key elements of a Business Plan from start to finish
2. Market Access and Analysis: Learn how to assess and research your market
3. Product Development: Learn formulation technique and commercialization of recipes
4. Financial planning and management: Learn how to budget, plan as well as read and understand your financial statements
5. Quality Assurance: Learn the implementation of operational standards
6. Labeling and packaging: Understand the elements of package design, regulations and food protection
7. Production Economics: Learn how to determine the costs of production, operations and co-packing options
8. Logistics: Learn the basics of procurement, receiving, storage and shipping
The cost for this workshop is $100 + GST. This is being covered by Beyond the Market to support agri-food producers in the Highway 16 region.
This workshop is facilitated by Rita Kim of Partners for Growth and Sylvia Chong of Foundtree Product Design. Rita is a strategic growth specialist who empowers entrepreneurs to build a healthy, sustainable foundation and move into a growth phase. Rita’s track record speaks for itself – from helping start-ups prepare strong business packages to access capital, to existing businesses successfully manage financial transitions, acquisitions and mergers, and making key decisions that impact the bottom line, she is an asset to the food industry. As an accredited facilitator, Rita has developed and delivered over 100 workshops and seminars on ‘understanding finance for business’ and ‘how to get financing’. Using her 20+ years of lending experience and streamlined approach, Rita provides structured financial solutions for growing companies from start-up to succession. Sylvia is the creator of the Food Business Accelerator Program that helps small, micro and start-up food businesses move quickly from concept to commercialization. She is fluent in everything technical in the food business - from food safety and regulatory compliance to product, process and facility design and operational management. Sylvia is an approved facilitator for the Food Processing Human Resources Council of Canada, a Certified Canadian HACCP Professional, a Food Safe Instructor, and excited to help grow the capacity of the food industry in BC.