Actions and Detail Panel
Calm, Confident & Connected Clinic
Sat, 15 October 2016, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM EDT
This one day ground work clinic is suitable for beginners as well as experienced horse people.
All you need is a desire to:
- grow your partnership with your horse, and
- really understand and connect with horses at a deeper level.
You’ll Learn How:
- to interact with horses in a way new that is mutually beneficial to you and the horse
- to set healthy boundaries that earn (not demand) your horse's trust and respect
- one simple technique that will change your relationship with any horse - instantly
- to get to the root cause of any training or behavioural problem and eliminate it
- how to change your body language to communicate better with any horse
- to see things from the horse's perspective
This clinic is a wonderful opportunity to visit the rescue and work with a rescue horse. It's perfect for you if:
- you're thinking about adopting a horse,
- don't have your own horse, or
- can't get your horse to a clinic.
Some of the rescue horses have not had the best experience with humans before coming to WHHR.
By working with the rescue horses in this clinic, you:
- gain better insight into equine behaviour,
- give the horse you're interacting with a positive experience
- are actually art of the horse's healing.
The emphasis of this clinic is on safety and fun for the human and equine participants. It's about helping you to understand horses better, while giving both you and the horse more confidence.
What To Expect As A Clinic Participant:
You'll get coaching from Anne Gage in small groups so there is lots of individual attention.
You'll learn a new way to work with horses. A way that does not use force or gadgets.
You'll get hands on experience with a variety of ground work exercises.
You'll change how you think about and understand horses.
You'll do activities based on your confidence and skill level, and your horse's behaviour. This way, we give the horse what he needs most.
Activities might include:
- long lining,
- dealing with scary objects
- handling behavioural challenges such as picking up feet, pushiness, etc.
We'll partner you with a rescue horse based on your ability and experience.
Spaces for outside horses to come to the clinic are limited. If you would like to bring your own horse, please contact Anne.
Clinic runs from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm with morning and afternoon breaks, and a lunch break. Lunch will be available for sale on-site.sal
Auditing is a great way to learn. You can ask questions during the sessions as well as at breaks and during lunch.
All auditor and lunch fees support the horses at Whispering Hearts Horse Rescue.
Participant Fee: $150 (plus HST)
Auditor Fee: $25/person payable on arrival. Please bring a lawn chair and dress for the weather.
Only 6 participant spaces are available. Don’t miss out!