The DJ Camp EXPERTS is a fun and action-packed way to learn all the necessary elements to be a professional DJ from 0% to 100% during a weekend cabin trip. You will learn everything from gear manipulation, software management, and mixing techniques, to branding, gigs, and show business. The DJ Camp EXPERTS is hosted by Alberta-based DJs MonkeyTwerk (Adriana & Frank), Peep This (Tommy), and DJ TYCO (Tyler) from Hot 107, and counts with lots of fun, several hours of guided practice and individual personalized sessions.
What: Over 30 hours of professional instruction, guided practice, and group discussions. 20 spots available on each available date. (Ages 18+)
When: May long weekend (May 20 – 22)
- Travel to Cabin: Saturday 8:00 am
- Return to Edmonton: Monday 2:00 pm
Where: Location outside of Edmonton to be disclosed.
Schedule: A detailed schedule will be sent to your email, once your registration is complete.
The DJ Camp EXPERTS gathers all the knowledge from DJ Camps Levels 1,2 & 3, and adds more hours of guided practice with CDJs, plus a lot of fun group interaction. The DJ Camp EXPERTS is divided in the following 12 blocks:
- Hardware: understand, plug and hook up cables, speakers, mixers and turntables. We work with industry-standard CDJs.
- Software: Review of the different types of software used to prepare the music and perform sets such as Rekordbox, Mixed in Key, Traktor and Serato.
- Beat matching: Mixing fundamentals, beat matching and bar counting.
- Music: Genres, Beats Per Minute, catering to specific audiences, how to find good music.
- Mixing: Tips & tricks, mixing techniques, and effective transitions.
- Gigs: Getting gigs, networking within the scene, types of gigs, creating your own events.
- Sets: Setting proper moods, creating stellar sets with effective curves, discovering your own sound.
- Shows: Do’s and Don’ts, playing time slots correctly, audience management, and dance floor psychology.
- Branding: Create an effective DJ moniker, and build a proper online presence.
- Audiences: Social Media strategies, Publishing your music, and self-promotion.
- Business: Price setting, ticket management, standards on the scene, industry etiquette, networking tips & tricks.
- Artistry: Personal style, Do’s and Don’ts, goals and how to achieve them.
- Cabin accommodations
- Two meals on Saturday, three meals on Sunday, one meal on Monday, snacks and refreshments throughout the whole weekend.
- Full immersion in the DJ world
- All the necessary gear and materials to learn and practice during the DJ camp EXPERTS are fully provided
- Bring your own pair of headphones
- No experience needed
- Bring an open mind and the right attitude towards learning
- Let us know about your dietary restrictions during the registration