Cultivating Client Business
How to build strong business relationships
(April 26, 9am-1pm)
The most important thing that marketing leaders ask of their agencies is to know and understand their business. Everything that is important to an agency’s success in cultivating a strong client business relationship hinges on this fundamental understanding. To get there, you have to extend yourself; reach further; listen better.
This workshop helps team directors deepen skills in being curious and actively engaging in client conversations designed to dig deep into developing more meaningful business issue appreciation. It will help you avoid the paradox of knowledge acquisition which can close you off from exploring issues and applying more creativity in framing opportunity areas for agency solutions. It will ultimately help you cultivate stronger client business relationships.
What to expect:
- Learn how to create a clear picture of what you have to offer and why it’s valuable.
- Gain skill in engaging your client in deeper business issue conversations.
- Work with tools and strategies that help you frame questions and guide conversations to reveal more insight.
Who should attend:
This workshop is a good fit for any mid-level to senior team leader/manager who is looking for more tools to help them achieve stronger business results with clients.
About the instructor:
Sharon Jones, Principal of Be a Better You.
Sharon is passionate about helping companies help their people be the best professional version of themselves. She has first-hand experience in how to write most effectively within an Agency setting. Spanning the UK and Canadian ad industry, Sharon worked at agencies including MacLaren, and Draft where she rose to VP, Client Services. Since launching her professional development practice in 2010, Sharon has built a strong breadth of clients including BBDO, OMERS Ventures, FCB & OLG.
- Registration is not refundable but is transferable. Please notify us if you plan on transferring your registration ticket to another attendee.
- ICA reserves the right to cancel this program should enrolment levels fall short of guidelines and in the case of program cancellation by ICA all registration fees will be returned in full.
When & Where
Institute of Communication Agencies
ICA is the not-for-profit association for Canadian communication agencies, representing 75%+ of all national advertising. Our mission is to champion commercial creativity, amplify the industry’s economic impact, and to embrace and drive change. ICA promotes higher standards and best practices, and serves as the largest source of information, advice and training for the industry.