Actions and Detail Panel
CANN Education Day 2017: Thinking aHead - Innovations in Neuroscience Nursi...
Thu, 23 March 2017, 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM EDT
The goals of this workshop are to assist nurses and allied health professionals in advancing their confidence, knowledge and skills in the assessment and care of neuroscience patients.
During this dynamic workshop participants will:
- Gain knowledge in regards to causes of dizziness as well as current assessment and treatment strategies and programs
- Be guided through sports-related traumatic brain injury and clinical management pearls
- Review types of seizures (epileptic and non-epileptic) as well as up-to date assessment and management strategies
- Gain knowledge of neuro diagnostic imaging modalities in the context of acute stroke and how they can be interpreted
- Discover how cannabis can be used in the treatment of neurological conditions
- Cultivate knowledge in regards to the presentation and management of prion diseases including information regarding national surveillance programs
- Develop practical skills for holistic nursing care in regards to sexuality with a neuroscience patient population
What are the fees for this event?
*****PLEASE NOTE: Payment and registration will be completed separately******. Once your registration has been completed, you will receive an email from the organizer to arrange payment. As our organization is run by volunteers and reservations need to be made for catering and location, refunds will not be issued in the absence of attendance.
The registration fees are as follows. There is a late fee of 10.00$ for registrations after March 15th:
•CANN Member: 70.00$
•Non-Member: 85.00$ (If you are not a member and would like to be, register online at www.cann.ca)
•Full-Time student (proof required): 40.00$
•Half-Day attendance (AM or PM): 40.00$
Are meals included?
Yes! You will receive a continental breakfast, drinks and lunch. Please let the organizer know if you have any dietary restrictions.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Parking is available on site at the General campus at a cost of 13$. The General campus of the Ottawa Hospital is also along a main bus route with OC Transpo (#85).
If you have a parking pass for either the Riverside or the Civic, there are shuttle buses travelling between campuses every 30 minutes.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please feel free to contact Aline Bourgoin by phone (613-798-5555 ext 16163) or by email (email@example.com) for any questions.