Join me for a hands on experience, pickling your favourite fall vegetables and making sugar free jam. Have you ever wondered how to preserve incredible tasting vegetables for your winter supply? Now is your chance to come prepare, taste and learn.
You will experience steps and safety for both quick and bathed pickling ,and sugar free jam. We will be tasting a selection of pickled vegetables, salsa, and jam recipes. Each recipe has been carefully crafted using local and seasonal ingredients for an ultimate tasting experience.
- Introduction and historical practices of canning
- Canning process and safety tips
- Tasting several canned items such as pickled vegetables, salsa, sugar free jam
- Spice blending
- Basic knife skills
- Hands on quick pickling
- Hands on canned pickling
- Hands on jam making and canning
- Take home instruction and recipe booklet, both your quick and bathed pickled vegetables, and your bathed jam