Resource Scheduling with Microsoft Azure, Mesos and DC/OS for Financial Services
Does your organisation suffer from workload diversity and fragmentation? Do you operate islands of infrastructure dedicated to specific business functions? Do your business functions dictate applications operate at varying times of the day, for example, core systems during the day with event processing or analytics in the evening?
Join this hands on workshop to see how we can address these challenges!
In this workshop we will create and use container clusters to add high availability to our dockerised applications. We will use Mesos on Azure, with its managed service, and we’ll see how we can handle it with the API. And we’ll show how these technologies address the workload diversity and fragmentation challenges faced by many organisations operating traditional islands of infrastructure
- 18:00 – 18:10h: Welcome
- 18:10 – 18:40h: Introduction to Microsoft Azure
- 18:40 – 19:00h: Setting up Mesos and DC/OS
- 19:00 – 20:00h: Scheduling the utilisation of container resources
- 20:00 - 20:30h: Beer and networking
- This FREE workshop is limited to 15 people so everyone can have a good experience.
- The application for a place through Eventbrite doesn’t ensure you’ll have a place in the workshop. You’ll get an e-mail telling you if we managed to squeeze you in.
- Everyone participating must bring a laptop with WiFi.