Actions and Detail Panel
Career Boost 2017: Exhibitors' Fair & Panel Dicussions
Thu, 4 May 2017, 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM MDT
Career Boost 2017: Exhibitors' Fair & Panel Discussions
This is NOT a Career Fair but an opportunity for you to explore the transferability of your skills, discover diverse sectors where those skills are valued, learn about business trends, corporate cultures, and the importance of adaptability in today’s labour market.
This day-long event is your chance to seek information and ask questions by visiting the exhibitors’ fair and by attending panel discussions centered on different segments of our local economy; retail, tourism, financial services, creative industries, manufacturing, agribusiness, energy, renewable technology, high tech, construction, and the public sector.
The event is made possible through funding by The Government of Alberta, Ministry of Community and Social Services.
Please register for the Exhibitors' Fair and only the sessions of interest.
= AGENDA =
8:30 AM Registration/Pick up your event package
9:00 AM - 3:30 PM Exhibitors' Fair (2nd Floor BVC North Campus)
9:00 AM - 10:30 AM Opening Session (1st Floor Lecture Theatre N124 BVC North Campus)
Market Update: Trends and Direction - Jeanette Sutherland - Manager Workforce & Productivity, Calgary Economic Development
Keynote Speaker: Ify Chiwetelu - co-Host CBC Radio show Now or Never - Adaptability & Skills Transfer… Now or Never.
Practical Applications: "What are the skills you can take from one job to another and how to market them?" - Nicole Jelley - Executive Director, Talent Pool
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Panel Discussions (2nd Floor Room N231 BVC North Campus)
- High Tech (Anette Ceraficki, Director Talent & People Development at Benevity)
- Agribusiness (Lori Free, Director of Talent Attraction and Sourcing at Agrium)
- Energy (Kelly Murphy, Vice President Human Resources at Devon)
- Renewable Technology (Paula McGarrigle, Managing Director at Solas Energy Consulting Inc.)
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Panel Discussions (2nd Floor Room N231 BVC North Campus)
- Retail (Steve Brierley, Associate Vice President Talent Management at FGL Sports & Marks)
- Tourism (Shelley Zucht-Shorter, Vice President In-destination & Event Services at Tourism Calgary)
- Financial Services (Alex Ritchie, Director Post-Secondary Student Relations at ATB)
- Creative Industries (Russ Rickey, Strategy Director at Critical Mass)
2:30 PM - 3:30 PM Panel Discussions (2nd Floor Room N231 BVC North Campus)
- Manufacturing (David Brown, Business Development at DIRTT)
- Construction (Dan Piekut, Recruiter at Graham Management Services)
- Public (Cheryl Goldsmith, Business Partner Talent Acquisition at The City of Calgary)
- Transportation (Norma-Jean Rocky, Program Manager Talent Planning at WestJet)