Actions and Detail Panel
Careers in Communication 2017
Thu, 23 March 2017, 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM PDT
Careers in Communications (CIC) is a networking event hosted by the SFU Communication Student Union (CMNSU) providing an amazing opportunity for students to meet and engage with industry professionals across the the Communication industry through round-table discussions. Whether you are a first year, fifth year or a student from a different faculty, everyone is welcome to come!
If you have lingering questions about the Communication work field, we would like to invite to come foster your communications skills, connect with like-minded individuals and attain the information necessary to give you a head start in your career.
- Pamela Saunders, PR & Social Media Manager, Microsoft Vancouver
- Hasnain Raza, Vice-President Digital Marketing, Market One Media
- Angie Schick, Program Director, New Ventures BC
- Monique Nelson, Director of Community Engagement, PosAbilities
- Justine Chubb, Communications Specialist, PosAbilities
- Matty B, Radio Host, Z95.3 Newcap Radio
- Sucheta Singh, Public Relations Coordinator, Jelly Marketing
- Janelle Saccucci, Director of Marketing and Communications, Blenz Coffee
- Avi Gill, Account Executive, Jive Communications
- Joe Marconato, Business Operations Project Manager, Unbounce
- Kendra Wingerter, Community Manager, RTOWN
- Ali Birston, Marketing Specialist, Destination British Columbia
- Carlin Leung, Product Strategist, Quietly
- Sandy Pell , Sr. Manager Corporate Communications, Vidyard
CIC will consist of two main components. First is a set of three round table rotations between 1 Industry Professional and a few CMNS peers. You will get more information on how to select your round table IPs closer to the date. After, there will be an open networking session where you can continue conversations with your 3 IPs, connect with other IPs you didn't have a table with, or network with fellow CMNS peers and the CMNSU team. Hors d'ouvres and refreshments will be provided.