Actions and Detail Panel
Censured in Canada Film Festival 2017
Sat, 27 May 2017, 12:00 PM – 6:00 PM EDT
CENSURED IN CANADA is a film festival for Canadian-based artists and work marginalized by Canadian festivals and institutions - whether it was due to a lack of "right" credentials / connections; or the work challenges aesthetic / cultural / social norms.
Eschewing the typical stuffy film festival format in favor of access and celebrating the work of artists, tickets are issued for the day instead of per screening. Ticket holders are free to attend as much or as little of the day's screenings. However for safety reasons, if the venue is already at full capacity for a particular screening, no one will be admitted until capacity is freed up.
Films Screening On Saturday May 27
- Flor de la Mar (Jorge Thielen Armand) @ 1:00 PM
- Superior : Gitchi Gami (Laura-Lynn Patrick)
- Même quand ils se fâchaient, on tendait l`oreille pour entendre(Vincent Bergeron)
- Clean (Mike Gillespie) @ 2:00 PM
- Murder Cum (Apostoly Peter Kouroumalis) @ 3:15 PM
- McDavid (Conor McNally)
- Journey to Recovery (Lilian Cheung)
- Fragments of Penny (Lucas Frison)
- Scumbag (Mars Roberge) @ 4:00 PM
Films Screening On Sunday May 28
- King For A Day (Tracey Johnston) @ 12:30 PM
- Games of Patience (Nicolas Krief) @ 2:00 PM
- The Visa (Victoria Korchikova-Malovichko)
- C’est Moi (Howard Davis)
- Across The River (Iulia Nastase)
- What’s Your Name? (Letibeb Zelleke) @ 2:45 PM
- A New Wave (Robert Armanyous)
- Sour World (Ryan O’Toole)
- The Great Fear (Iain Laird) @ 4:00 PM
Note: The timestamp next to some of the films above indicates the approximate time that screening block will start.
What is the best way to get to Cinecycle?
Even though Cinecycle is attached to 401 Richmond, the entrance is located in the alley located halfway bettwen Richmond and Adelaide Street.
From Richmond St, walk South on Spadina (on the East side) until you come to an alley just after the Zipcar office. Walk into the alley and you will see the entrance to Cinecycle (which is set back into the alley on your left)
There is no public parking in the alley, but there is Green P parking nearby on Adelaide & Spadina.
Link to map and directions to CineCycle
Date and Time
(Cinecycle entrance located in alley behind Zipcar office
@ 129 Spadina Ave b/w Richmond & Adelaide)
Toronto, ON M5V 3A8