Price above includes tax. Course fee $1,350 + HST $175.50 = $1,525.50
The most popular Agile certification! This two day course gives you the foundations to be an effective ScrumMaster and contributes towards the requirements of the Scrum Alliance's Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) program.
This course is ideal for those who desire to create high-performance product development teams. Team leads, project managers and functional or line managers all can benefit from understanding Scrum's amazing transformational power and the critical role of the ScrumMaster. If you are a member of the Project Management Institute, this course counts for 16 PDU's and as part of the requirements towards the PMI-ACP designation.
By successfully completing this course you will be able to:
Remove obstacles that prevent teams from becoming high-performance.
Enable a team to follow the Scrum process to deliver great products and continuously improve their quality.
Describe Scrum to others including roles, meetings, artifacts and principles.
Fulfill the requirements of the Certified ScrumMaster program.
- Facilitation: Welcome and Introductions
- Lecture: Scrum Certification, Classroom Expectations
- Handout: Notes (Questions, Information, Insights, Action Items)
- Exercise: Generating Questions
- Lecture: Introducing the Project
- Exercise: Diving into the First Sprint
- Handout: User Stories
- Lecture: User Stories
- Exercise: Generating User Stories
- Exercise: Splitting User Stories
- Lecture: The “Bucket System”
- Handout: Planning Game Cards
- Exercise: Estimating Value
- Exercise: Estimating Effort
- Lecture: Calculating ROI
- Exercise: Prioritization
- Exercise: Velocity and Release Planning
- Exercise: Sprint Two
- Exercise: Sprint Two Review
- Lecture: Retrospectives and Action Items
- Exercise: Retrospective
- Facilitation: Four ScrumMasters
- Lecture: Burndown Charts
- Exercise: Sprint Three
- Exercise: Sprint Three Review
- Facilitation: Project Debrief
- Simulation: show how Agile methods can result in 400% productivity improvement
- Handout: The Scrum Process
- Practice: Explaining Scrum
- Discussion: The Scrum Process Q&A
- Exercise: Improving Quality
- Lecture: Scrum Is/Is Not
- Handout: Scrum Rules of Thumb
- Discussion: Scrum Rules of Thumb
- Lecture: Scrum Team vs. Not Scrum Team
- Handout: Scrum Team Room
- Discussion: Scrum Team Room
- Discussion: Junior vs. Senior Team
- Lecture: Definition of “Done”
- Exercise: “Done” for You
- Lecture: “Done” and Agile Maturity
- Exercise: Qualities of a ScrumMaster
- Handout: The ScrumMaster - Self-Evaluation
- Exercise: The ScrumMaster – Self-Evaluation
- Discussion: Clarifications
- Lecture: Removing Obstacles
- Handout: The Scrum Administrator
- Exercise: Mapping the ScrumMaster Role to Traditional Roles
- What Did You Learn?
- Feedback Forms