This course is presented by University of Toronto Faculty, and is an in-person, full day workshop. This is the fourth and final section in the Safe Opioid Prescribing Series.
- Manage problematic situations with chronic pain patients
- Patients on high doses of opioids who are dysfunctional, but not addicted.
- Patients at high risk of addiction.
- Patients using opioids illicitly.
- Effectively communicate with chronic pain patients their
- Necessity of tapering opioid dose.
- Diagnosis of addiction.
- Addiction treatment options.
- Develop approaches and practice tools to work with other health care professionals to manage complex patients
- Acute care physicians.
- Pain and addiction specialists.