SEMINAR / WORKSHOP DESCRIPTION
We live in the most eclectic musical time history has ever known. You have access to an almost infinite resource of music. Couple that with the increasing availability of cost friendly recording equipment, easy Internet publishing, and suddenly there is a surge of writers. In such a world I believe that the "pick up your guitar do it yourself" mentally no longer works. Artists and bands have reached new heights of creativity, and the question you will surely face is "How are you different?"
Let me help you answer that question.
I have been able to codify a songwriting method, from my studying/practicing the subject for the past 14 years, which is based on every composer from Mozart to Radiohead.
Learn how to craft your ideas into songs. We will cover topics such as harmony, arrangement, melody, lyrics and form. You will also participate in a "workshop masterclass" where we will look at existing songs by various artists (strong focus on current bands/artist) as well as your own creation and discover basic songwriting principles that can be found across different composers and styles. We will also delve into the philosophical aspect of music as to further discover "who" you are as a writer.
- Leave with a better understanding of all the aforementioned topics.
- Be able to sketch song ideas very fast and efficiently.
- Receive tools, tricks, and templates to break writer's block.
- Create beats, progressions, melodies
- Learn structure and form
- Get closer to finding your voice as a writer.
- Understand the philosophy of music.
- Become acquainted with the Sound Principles.
- What is music?
- Tension and resolution
- 5 misconcesptions of Art and Music to abolish from your mind
- Basic steps to productive writing
- Learning how to create and make unique any chord progression
- Musical relationships
- Harmony and function
- Songwriting Masterclass
- Song Analysis