CIBC Information Session for Financial Service Representative (FSR)
Date: Friday December 9th, 2016
Room: Bank Lab CAT213
Times: 1st session starts at 10:15am and 2nd Session starts at 1:15 pm
(Pizza lunch will be provided for both sessions, courtesy of CIBC. Please register for the respective time you will attend)
The FSR Role:
The Financial Services Representative has individual performance targets and is expected to meet their goals on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis by following a disciplined approach to completing sales activities such as: opening bank accounts and investments accounts (GICs, mutual funds, etc) for non-registered and registered products (RRSPs, RESPs, RRIFs); selling lines of credits, mortgages, credit cards, among other banking services and products.
The FSR Intake Program includes:
- 16-week paid training period
*Training takes place in a classroom and in-branch setting and it involves lectures, job shadowing, mentorship, and work placement.
- Full time FSR position within the Edmonton Area
- Mutual Funds Licensing (students must have taken the CSC or IFIC Mutual Funds course)
*Candidates will be given the opportunity to take the IFIC course on their own and write the exam within 2 months of hiring.
- Tentative start date for intake program is January 19, 2017
- Future intake programs will be available in April or May, 2017
- The opportunity to transition to a Financial Advisor Intake Program a year later.
- Starting salary is negotiable based on your work experience; it averages $42,000 per year.
*Work experience in sales is preferred but not required.