Actions and Detail Panel
Cities of the Future Symposium
Sat, 22 April 2017, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
Join us for an exciting day to talk about how innovative and entrepreneurial actions today can pave the way for more liveable and equitable cities of tomorrow.
Cities of the Future will bring together thought leaders, social innovators, and more to share ideas about the future of our cities in the face of transformative technological and social innovations.
Doors will open at 9:30 for registration. A light breakfast, lunch & coffee will be provided.
Please register by April 14. Space is limited!
Details of the day
MORNING KEYNOTE - Innovation and the future of cities
- Dr. Ilse Treurnicht, CEO of MaRS
PANEL - Future Cities Forum: Scales of action in city-building
- Moderated by: Shawn Micallef, Columnist for the Toronto Star & Writer
- Cathie Jameson, Councillor of the Mississaugas of the New Credit First Nation
- Dr. John Robinson, Professor at the Munk School of Global Affairs
- Dr. Matti Siemiatycki, Associate Professor at the Dept. of Geography & Planning
- Sima Rhend Chavooshi, Head of Strategy and Business Development for Canada, Humphreys and Partners Architects
LIGHTNING PRESENTATIONS - Current issues and ideas
- By graduate students across departments at the University of Toronto
AFTERNOON KEYNOTE & FIRESIDE CHAT - Technology and cities
- Robert Ouellete, Founder of MESH Cities
- Dr. Mark Fox, Professor at the Dept of Industrial Engineering and the Dept of Computer Science
TED-STYLE PRESENTATIONS - Social innovation shop talks
- Ananya Ohri, Executive Director of Regent Park Film Festival
- David Simor, Project Manager at 8 80 Cities
- Sa'ad Ahmed, Founder of Tiny Toronto
BREAK-OUT SESSION - Imagining the future
- Facilitated by graduate students from across U of T
CLOSING KEYNOTE - Bringing it all together
- Maria Montejo, Manager of Dodem Kanonhsa' Cultural Facility
NETWORKING, AND AFTER PARTY