San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join the Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre
Cleantech Bio-fuels Workshop
with presentations from Battelle, the Ministry of Natural Resources, Agri-Therm (ICFAR), Algoma University, SDTC and NextGen Biofuels Fund
On February 13th, join the Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre (SSMIC) for a full-day workshop and discussionon biomass and bio-fuels in the Ontario region.
Hear representatives from the world’s largest science research organization Battelle, the Ministry of Natural Resources, Agri-Therm (ICFAR), Algoma University, SCTD and NextGen Biofuels Fund, as they talk about opportunities for biomass and bio-fuels in Ontario.
The Cleantech Bio-fuels Workshop panel includes:
- Charles Lucius, Vice-President, International Business, Energy Environment and Materials Sciences Global Business, Battelle;
- Joe Maure, Forestry Innovation Team Lead, MNR, Business Development Branch;
- Federico Berruti, Vice-President of Agri-Therm Inc, NSERC Vanier CGS holder;
- Dr. Isabel Molina, Assistant Professor and Research Chair, Natural Products Biochemistry, Algoma University;
- Kenneth Jobity, Manager, Screening and Evaluation (NextGen Biofuels Fund and SDTC).
This Session will cover:
- The region’s biomass resources, its availability, and costs;
- Identify technology options available to leverage these resources and their associated economics;
- Identify the models for deploying the technologies in the Sault Ste Marie region.
This session will provide valuable information for local stakeholders of the Ontario/Sault Ste. Marie forestry sector, Ontario/Sault Ste. Marie agricultural sector, regional economic development agencies, forest products companies, energy companies and project developers.
Breakfast and lunch refreshments are included and seating is limited. To register, visit cleantechworkshop.eventbrite.com or contact Kyleigh Clargo at 705.942.7927 ext. 3135 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event is proudly sponsored by the Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP).