You are officially invited to the much awaited, highly anticipated…
Community Upcycling Clothing Swap
Sunday, November 6th, 2016, 1-3pm
@ The Wise Hall, Free
What? This is an all ages inclusive afternoon of community building and resource sharing. Please bring a clothing contribution of washed women, mens, children's clothing as well as shoes, accessories, books or jewelry.
Choose your new fashion finds from clothes that other participants have contributed. Help yourself to whatever clothing you would like, there is no limit on items you can take, but be mindful to ensure a good fit.
Where? The Wise Hall, 1882 Adanac Street (@ Victoria Drive), Vancouver, BC
The Wise Hall is located between Commercial Drive and Victoria Drive, and near Venables Street. The Hall is accessible by transit and street parking is also available. The venue is only a few blocks from funky Commercial Drive and a nearby Value Village. Unrestricted street parking northward between Commercial Drive & Victoria Drive.
More info? BestEventsInVancouver@gmail.com
Let's make this swap super.
Components of a Great Swap...
* Like to help out? If you happen to be around at the beginning or the end of the event, any help with setup or cleanup is ALWAYS VERY appreciated! More hands make easier work, and make it more likely for these events to happen more often in the future.
* You are welcome to drop in anytime between 1-3pm to get your swap on. When you arrive: Welcome, c'mon in! This time around there will be no sorting station, please sort all your own swapables by categories based on the signage displayed, ie. men's wear, books, kids wear etc.
* With lots of frantic event day festivities, clothing swaps can be notorious for accidental swapping of items, especially jackets and coffee mugs. Please, please, please be mindful of items you DO NOT want swapped or re swapped. Please keep your personal belongings secure and towards the outer edges of the room and away from the swap tables to hopefully prevent confusion along the way.
* Throughout: Have fun, connect with others! Offering other swappers help sort their clothing can be a great way to connect, and to have others start their swapping sooner.
* The search is on, help yourself to what you like best. Ensure your find a good fit, or put back for someone else to enjoy. Note: There are washrooms with mirrors for changing, or you are welcome to bring your own full length mirror.
* Closure: Congrats, everyone attending this clothing swap is contributing to sharing their resources in an ethical, no cost, enviro-friendly way! Let's work together to create yet another great community building event!
All leftover clothing will be donated to a local non-profit that benefits people with developmental disabilities.
Free thanks to funding from
Vancouver Foundation, Small Neighbourhood Grants