At the completion of this workshop, participants will:
1 Define concussion and postconcussion syndrome, and understand the diagnostic criteria for both disorders
2 Describe the types of subjective tools currently available for diagnosis and management of concussion.
3 Develop an understanding of objective measures of brain injury including MR Spectroscopy, biomarkers, physiologic changes and psychometrics.
4 Compare and contrast sports versus occupational related concussions .
5 Identify the current research opportunities in the diagnosis, management, and outcome of concussion .
- Case Study with interactive quiz
- Diagnosis of Concussion:
- Current Guidelines & Management
- Post Concussion Syndrome:
- Outcomes & Challenges
- Psychometric Measures
- Imaging & MR Spectroscopy
- Biomarkers in Concussions
- Current Rehabilitation Landscape
- Physiologic Measures in Brain Injury
- Research Opportunities
- Quality Assurance in Care
Workshop open to MD's, Academic and Medical Researchers, OT's, PT's, Kinesiologists, Chiropractors, Medical Advisors, Case Managers, Athletic Therapists, Minor Sports Associations
For more information please contact us at email@example.com