Actions and Detail Panel
Conflict Resolution in the Workplace
Thu, 3 November 2016, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM PDT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
In this course, you will learn the basic concepts around conflict resolution in order to develop a deeper and broader understanding of conflict dynamics. You will also learn new ways to constructively engage in resolving conflict situations, which will lead to more effective outcomes at work, as well as in relationships.
Identifying, dealing with, and learning to communicate in conflict is essential for generating a productive and effective work environment. Using conflict resolution skills is also critical for reducing stress in the workplace. This workshop will benefit social workers, probation officers, line workers, customer service representatives, supervisors of large and small organizations, and more.
- Understand what conflict and conflict resolution mean
- Learn the main styles of conflict resolution
- Understand all of the steps in the conflict resolution process
- Be able to adapt the process for all types of conflicts
- Be able to break out parts of the process and use those as tools to prevent conflict
- Learn how to use basic anger and stress management techniques
Karen Bondi will be the instructor for this class. Besides being an employee of WJS for over 15 years, Karen has over 15 years of experience working as a Mediator for the Ministry of Children and Families. Karen also teaches Conflict Resolution to Social Workers who are in the process of completing a Master’s Degree at the University of British Columbia.
- This will be an interactive workshop. You will learn by practicing hands-on skills in role-plays, simulations, discussions, and presentations to reinforce your learning.
- An official certificate of completion will be issued to those who attend the workshop and demonstrate competence in the conflict resolution process.
- Professional, comfortable, and accessible location with local businesses nearby.
- Coffee, tea, and refreshments provided, as well as breaks.
- Group rates available
Some comments from our last Conflict Resolution Workshop:
"The presenter was very animated and interesting. I found her to be extremely knowledgeable and able & willing to answer difficult questions."
"The presenter was excellent and made the course very easy to absorb!"
"[I liked] the way the material was presented & the instructor.. Awesome!"
"Informative and interesting class!"
"[I liked] the instructor. Very kind and well versed in her subject matter."