Actions and Detail Panel
Cooking Without Sugar? No Problem! (May 2017)
Wed, 3 May 2017, 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM PDT
What should you cook at home to best benefit your blood sugars? Being able to utilize some of your favorite foods to the best of their potential may require some planning.
It doesn't matter if you are a diabetic or not, there's nothing to lose. We focus on healthy food ideas and cooking techniques for the everyday home cooks or people who just want to come get their hands dirty with yummy ingredients.
Carbohydrate counting can be a skill you can use to help balance your blood sugars. Found out how to recreate your favorite recipes with a enlightening twist without killing the flavour and taste!
* Roasted parsnip soup with apples and toasted almonds
* Pork Tenderloin with swiss chard, cranberries and bacon bits, au jus (with a low glycemic spin)
* Sugar - less chocolate, coconut, avocado mousse with toasted pecans
What is included: All the ingredients and water will be served.
Who should sign up?
- Caretaker for Diabetics
- People who care about the sugars in our food
- People who are conscious about their health and wellness
- Health Professionals
- People who love to COOK and EAT!