Actions and Detail Panel
Coordinating and Completing Referrals for Gender-Affirming Surgeries
Wed, 2 November 2016, 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM EDT
OPEN TO GP's, RN's, RSW's, NP's, PSYCHOLOGISTS, AND PHYSICIAN SPECIALISTS.
This program will be submitted, and awaiting approval for 5 MainPro M1 credits.
Trans Health Connection - A project of Rainbow Health Ontario and Sherbourne Health Centre - is offering a comprehensive training series for health and social service providers.
Sue Hranilovic - NP-PHP and AIDS Certified Nurse at St. Michael's Primary Care Clinic, providing hospital, community, and primary health care in Toronto's inner city for over 25 years. Team trans health lead and and educator on surgical referral
Jordan Zaitzow - MSW, Training Coordinator for Trans Health Connection, experienced workshop facilitator and trans health educator
We will be sharing information on:
- Skills in facilitating access and conducting appropriate surgery planning visits and referrals
- context around regulatory changes, and the role of primary care providers
- understanding of the WPATH SOC 7 in relation to surgical access and health care competencies
- understanding the overall referral process, as well as specific details of different surgical options
- tools and recommendations for pre and post-op care
For more information about these training opportunities, please contact Jordan Zaitzow, Trans health Connection Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 416 324-4100 x5325.