Please join us for
Child Well-Being: Engaging in the Core Story of Brain Development
Monday September 26, 2016
8:30 - 9:00 registration
9:00 to 3:30 workshop
Location Mount Royal University Ross Glen Hall
The Centre for Child Well-Being and the Alberta Family Wellness Initiative are partnering to offer
Child Well-Being: Engaging in the Core Story of Brain Development.
The purpose of the 2015/2016 community engagement days is to further mobilize the core story of brain development in Alberta communities to raise awareness and share knowledge about the importance of healthy brain and child development to lifelong health outcomes, with a focus on mental health and addiction. The intent is to reach people who have not yet been involved and/or heard the core story of brain development as a way to continue to disseminate this narrative to catalyze positive change for children and families throughout the province. Presentations, discussion, networking and real-life examples will be used for participants to become more familiar with the work of the Alberta Family Wellness Initiative, the core story of brain development and how it can be used in policy and practice to make a difference for children and families.
• Become familiar with the Alberta Family Wellness Initiative
• Gain knowledge of the core story of brain development and its link to addiction and mental health
• Play the Brain Game
• Learn about how the science is being used to create positive change through real-life Alberta based examples
• Network with other community members
• In small groups, have an opportunity to discuss the relevance of the brain science and brainstorm ways in which it can be applied to make a difference
• Tour the Mount Royal University Centre for Child Well-Being and Child Development Lab