French page: http://www.hackfest.ca/fr/formations/corelan-advanced-2016/
English page: http://www.hackfest.ca/en/formations/corelan-advanced-2016/
Corelan is back at Hackfest and now offering the ‘Advanced Win32 Exploitation’ class for the first time in Canada!
The Corelan® “ADVANCED” exploit development class is a fast-paced, mind-bending, hands-on course where you will learn advanced exploit development techniques from an experienced exploit developer.
This is most certainly not an entry level course. In fact, this is a one of the finest and most advanced courses you will find on Win32 exploit development. To be sure that all students are on the same page, students may be requested to pass a test/exam prior to taking the course.
This hardcore, partical, hands-on course will provide students with solid understanding of current Win32 exploitation technique & memory protection bypass techniques. We make sure the course material is kept updated with current techniques, includes previously undocumented tricks and techniques, and details about research we performed ourselves. Combined with the way the course is built up, this will turn this class into a truly unique learning experience.
Why take this course ?
- Are you familiar with the basics of exploit development ? Do you know how to write exploits for saved return pointer overwrites and abuse SEH records with your eyes closed ? Do you know how heap spraying works already ? Are you now ready for the next step ?
- Have you taken the Bootcamp or other commercial courses on exploit development and want to move to the next phase ?
- Do you want to learn modern techniques to exploit applications on Windows 7 ?
- Do you want to learn the fine art of writing browser exploits ?
- Are you able to write ROP chains blindfolded ?
- Are you willing to suffer and bleed, absorb new knowledge fast and not intimidated by debuggers and assembly instructions…
- …then this course is exactly what you need !
- ASLR & DEP Refresher
- Bypassing ASLR
- Bypassing DEP
- Heap Spraying
- Heap Feng Shui & heaplib
- Precise Heap Spraying in modern browsers
- Browser Exploitation (IE)
- DOM Fundamentals
- Heap Fundamentals
- Exploiting Browser Use-After-Free conditions
- Memory leaks / Information Disclosure
- Heap Overflows, Heap Manipulations and primitives
- During the course, students will get the opportunity to work on real vulnerabilities in real applications and use the latest exploitation techniques that work on current Operating Systems.
Warning – The course has a steep learning curve and will require full attention and focus.
Knowledge & Attitude Prerequisites
- be able to read simple C code and simple scripts
- Truly master all basic concepts of exploit development, as listed in our “FOUNDATIONS” course. If you have taken the Foundations or Bootcamp course and done a lot of practice after taking the class, then you’re probably ready for this class.
- be familiar with ROP
- be ready to dive into a debugger and read asm for hours and hours and hours
- be ready to think out of the box and have a strong desire to learn
- be fluent with managing Windows / Linux operating system and with using vmware workstation/virtualbox
- be familiar with using Metasploit and writing exploit modules for Metasploit
- be familiar with using debuggers
- have basic knowledge of assembly
It’s imperative for students to comply with these prerequisites.
Unless specified otherwise, students are required to bring the following :
- A laptop (no netbook) with vmware workstation/virtualbox and enough processing power and RAM (we recommend 4Gb of RAM) to run up to 2 virtual machines at the same time. The use of a 64bit processor and a 64bit operating system on the laptop will make the exercises more realistic.
- 2 Virtual machines (Windows 7 SP1, Kali Linux)
Have questions about Corelan ADVANCED 2016?
Contact Hackfest Communication