What You Will Learn
- How to bake two batches of cupcakes. You'll learn carrot and chocolate cake.
- How to make and decorate using buttercream frosting. We'll make cream cheese and peanut butter frosting.
- Secret tips to make your cupcakes look professionally made as well as helpful tips to apply to your other kitchen experiences
- What mistakes not to make. Learn the common cakecup and baking pitfalls.
What You Get
- Two dozen cupcakes to take home to enjoy
- A piping bag and tip to decorate at home
- Copies of the recipes used during the workshop
- Guidance from an experienced home baker
Join avid home baker Amanda Ritsma for a Sunday of cupcake extravaganza. We will be baking cupcakes from scratch and learning about various techniques for decorating. Amanda will walk you through the whole process involved in creating tasty, fluffy, indulgent and gorgeous looking cupcakes and will then provide guidance as you mix, stirs, taste, bake, and decorate your own creations. Imagine bringing a box of cupcakes to a party and letting everyone know that you baked them yourself. Amanda will share that experience with you!
Whether you're an avid home cupcake baker or have never even baked in your life, this Cupcake Baking & Decorating Masterclass is for you. Amanda will be teaching you the basics of baking as well as tried and true tips and tricks that she uses in her kitchen to make baking a breeze and fun.
Learn the secrets on how to bake cupcakes and decorate them like a professional for your next party, social gathering or even just for yourself. We promise that you'll be walking away from the class very pleased on how well you've done (no seriously!).
You will learn the following and more...
- An interactive session on how to bake two different recipes: Carrot Cake and Chocolate cake - from scratch.
- You will be participating in baking the cupcakes from scratch
- Learn how to make buttercream frosting, recipe will be included
- Learn how to use hold a piping bag with buttercream frosting correctly
- Peanut butter will be used during this class.
- We require a minimum of 7 participants to register in order to run this class. Please register early.
- Cancellation Guidelines
- Minga will provide a 100% refund for workshops cancelled by Minga.
- If a registrant cancels a workshop with more than 5 days notice, a 100% refund will be issued.
- If a registrant cancels with less than 5 days notice or does not show up, no refund will be issued.
- We are unable to provide a refund after a workshop has taken place for any reason.
- The above policies apply for pre-registered workshops. Refunds or credits will not be issued for a missed class.