CyberSAFE (Securing Assets For End-users)
Course Number: 091040
Course Length: 1 hour
Course Description –
Welcome to CyberSAFE (Securing Assets For End-users). Regardless of your computer experience, this class will help you become more aware of technology-related risks and what you can do to protect yourself and your organization from them. This course will help you to understand security compliance considerations, social engineering, malware, and various other data security-related concepts. In this course, you will explore the hazards and pitfalls and learn how to use technology safely and securely.
Course Objectives –
In this course, you will identify many of the common risks involved in using conventional end-user technology, as well as ways to use it safely, to protect yourself from those risks. You will:
- Identify the need for security.
- Secure devices like desktops, laptops, smartphones, and more. Secure your use of the Internet.
Target Student: –
This course is designed for you as a non-technical end-user of computers, mobile devices, networks, and the Internet, to enable you to use technology more securely to minimize digital risks.
This course is also designed for you to prepare for the Certified CyberSAFE credential. You can obtain your Certified CyberSAFE certificate by completing the Certified CyberSAFE credential process on the CyberSafeCert.com platform.
To ensure your success in this course you should have experience with the basic use of conventional end-user technology, including desktop, laptop, or tablet computers, cell phones, and basic Internet functions such as web browsing and email.
Course Content –
Lesson 1: Identifying the Need for Security
- Topic A: Identify Security Compliance Requirements
- Topic B: Recognize Social Engineering
Lesson 2: Securing Devices
- Topic A: Maintain Physical Security of Devices
- Topic B: Use Passwords for Security
- Topic C: Protect Your Data
- Topic D: Identify and Mitigate Malware
- Topic E: Use Wireless Devices Securely
Lesson 3: Using the Internet Securely
- Topic A: Browse the Web Safely
- Topic B: Use Email Securely
- Topic C: Use Social Networking Securely
- Topic D: Use Cloud Services Securely